ISHLTConnect Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the ISHLTConnect community! This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations.
To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic rules and guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in ISHLTConnect for anyone who violates these rules. The Rules
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- You may post messages about other organizations’ and institutions’ meetings, publications, programs, or services, providing there is no direct competition with an ISHLT event or program.
- Use caution when discussing commercial products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully and adhere to all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge.
- We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
The Legal Stuff
- Be sure your signature tag is included on all messages. ISHLTConnect auto-populates the signature tag to include your name, affiliation, and location, so please double check this for accuracy.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list (via the “Reply to Discussion” link) when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" should be sent only to individuals by using the "Reply to Sender" option (click the arrow next to the “Reply to Discussion” link).
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your subscription settings (via Profile > My Account tab).
- Warn other list subscribers of length messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message.”
This site is provided as a service for the members of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, we will take all appropriate action.
We respect your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site? Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example: companies that help process credit card payments or send mailings and email blasts. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. Business Transfers.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page